Visualizzazioni totali

martedì 8 marzo 2011

"Dear Leonard, to look life in the face, always to look life in the face and to know it for what it is. At last to know it, to love it for what it is, and then, to put it away. Leonard, always the years between us. Always the years, always the love, always the hours..."

Dearest, 
I feel certain I am going 
mad again: I feel we can't go 
through another of these terrible times.
And I shant recover this time. I begin 
to hear voices and can't concentrate. 
So I'm doing what seems to be the best thing to do. You have 
given me the greatest possible happiness. You 
have been in every way all that anyone 
could be. I don't think two 
people could have been happier till
this terrible disease came. I can't
fight it any longer, I know that I am 
spoiling your life, that without me you 
could work. And you will, I know. 
You see, I can't even write this properly. I
can't read. What I want to say is that 
I owe all the happiness of my life to you. 
You have been entirely patient with me and 
incredibly good.  I want to say that -
everybody knows it. If anybody could 
have saved me it would have been you. 
Everything is gone from me but the 
certainty of your goodness. I 
can't go on spoiling your life any longer. I don't think two people 
could have been happier than we have been.


V.

3 commenti:

  1. mi piace il tuo blog ^^
    ...the hours anche se è un film tristissimo, è sempre bello!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Si, è davvero fatto bene quel film, dobbiamo ringraziare l'Ercolanelli! Adesso inizio anche il romanzo, finalmente l'ho comprato ;)

    RispondiElimina
  3. che bello, amo quel film! e lei fantastica.

    RispondiElimina